Well my friend has virgin black hair she dyed it caramel using wella 9/1 and 8/1 and 40 vol I loved the color :)
I want to do the same to my mom, my mom has 75% grey hair and she dyes it black 302/0.
She wants to dye her hair caramel and she does not want to bleach her hair since its damaged enough.
Would it work if i use wella 9/1 and 8/1 and 40 vol on her black died hair ???
How can i dye my mom,s hair caramel ???
Thanks in advance :)

Views: 3822

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

amen. LOL

Deb Smith Stokes said:

Haircolor 101, you cannot remove color with color. Color removers are just bleach in disguise. A gentle powder bleach with 10 volume should do it, save yourself the time and energy of trying anything else.

Being that your mom has black hair color and gray this will be a process. Hello Color Correction! ;-)  From experience I found using Rusk lightener does a good job lifting out the color and does not compromise the integrity of the hair depending on the condition of the hair you are working with.  Keep in mind you must use fine thin slices for color to lift evenly using no more than a 10/20 vol.  You must always determine which volume is safer to use depending on condition of the hair and how much hair can take. But of course when in doubt strand test.  Once desired level is reached go in with demi deposit only color and of course in between time treatments and glazes to help protect/refresh hair.  Even though she has 75% gray color will fade off gray evenly and until you have reached shade of choice using demi will protect previously lightened hair. Once color is established, switch to permanent color on gray but continue demi color on the rest.  Hope this helps!  Remember it's a "process".  Good Luck!  ;-))

Pravana hair color extraction kit... it reverses the oxidation process without damage. Its fabulous!! Even if you have someone that uses box color, it will pull it out. You wont Have harsh red and gold tones with this like you would with bleach. There are other ones like this, I Have used Paul Mitchell hair color remover it works the same. There is color out there that lifts color, but you still have to use a higher volume developer, which in turn will cause more damage. I urge you to try this, you will never do a color correction with bleach ever again! Good luck:)

Thank you Amber :) I'll give it a shot.

amber said:

Pravana hair color extraction kit... it reverses the oxidation process without damage. Its fabulous!! Even if you have someone that uses box color, it will pull it out. You wont Have harsh red and gold tones with this like you would with bleach. There are other ones like this, I Have used Paul Mitchell hair color remover it works the same. There is color out there that lifts color, but you still have to use a higher volume developer, which in turn will cause more damage. I urge you to try this, you will never do a color correction with bleach ever again! Good luck:)

Thank you Amber :) I'll give it a shot.

amber said:

SO since its going to take some processes maybe start her new growth at a level 7 and maybe consider ombre for the bottom changing her hair in a stylish way.. .

I just found out there is a product out there - have you ever heard of Scruples? I haven't tried it yet but found out you can get it at Cosmoprof. I'm still reading up on it. It's pretty expensive but appears to be worth it...also includes grey coverage. There's even a page on it - you can go to the url http://community.behindthechair.com/profile/Scruples where you get a lot of information. Good luck!

Thanks a lot Debbie :)

Debbie K. Engle-Eller said:

I just found out there is a product out there - have you ever heard of Scruples? I haven't tried it yet but found out you can get it at Cosmoprof. I'm still reading up on it. It's pretty expensive but appears to be worth it...also includes grey coverage. There's even a page on it - you can go to the url http://community.behindthechair.com/profile/Scruples where you get a lot of information. Good luck!

Very welcome:) If you try it let me know how it turns out. I'm really curious.

Kenra has a nice color corrector. It is not as harsh as a bleach but (in my opinion) very effective in removing permanent pigment from the hair. It goes in and breaks up the color molecules from the black hair color she has been using. It should lift her a few levels. I would use a Demi permanent color on her ends to protect the integrity of it. And formulate for her gray on the roots. :)
I had a color class last year. And I heard CHI is the only color line that lift color. I have never tried yet... But my friend tried and sure enough it did lift color for 2 levels and that what she wanted. I'm right now level 2. And soon I'm thinking to try on myself .... To go level 6... Will see :)) good luck to you!

I would do a soap cap (bleach/20vol/ shampoo/water) & apply it from the ends up, for an even lift and monitor it closely, until you reach the desire level. I would then deposit the desire shade, gloss with clear, and do a deep conditioner. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Cut Blow-dry Time In Half!

FOLLOW US on Instagram @behindthechair_com! Hashtag #behindthechair and see your pics below!

behindthechair_com

Gorgeous peachy pink bob from @chrisweberhair #behindthechair #colormelt #pinkhair #lorealprofessionnel #joico #joicointensitiy #btcchrisweberhair

behindthechair_com

TODAY! BTC Facebook LIVE! 2:30pm Eastern | Featuring @hairtalkusa's @liciebaby for a HOW-TO: Color Melt With Extensions! See you all on our Facebook! #behinthechair #colormelt #hairtalk #hairtalkusa #extensions

behindthechair_com

Cabernet 🍷 by @makeupbyfrances #behindthechair #balayage #colormelt #redhair #fallred #wella #wellahair #btcmakeupbyfrances #plumhair

behindthechair_com

Such beautiful dimension!! By @megahairmaniac from @salt.hair! Sooooo pretty! #behindthechair #balayage #dimensionalbalayage

© 2017   Created by behindthechair.com   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service