I want a line of vivid colors in my salon, that don't fade in just a couple of washings. Is there a permanent line? I've tried lines from Manic Panic, Matrix additions to RR and RV and HD colors, So Reds, Color Jams, Jazzing....We also have tried lifting the hair to  a pale gold first. Nothing is staying! Those are demi colors though with the exception of HD SoColor. Now that pale colors are out I'm afraid they won't last even one washing! Any ideas,suggestions?

Views: 6911

Replies to This Discussion

Joico Intensity and Pravana Vivids stay pretty good.  But vegatable colors are not the same as permament dyes and they are made to wash out. You might try double dipping your bright colors, in other words, processing them twice to really pack the hair with dye so they will stay a little longer. 

I have been using Scruples Urban Shock ever since they came out. As a former educator for Scruples, they are quite versatile. No developer needed. High in condition. Yes, you can put a clear sealer over the top to lock in better. I color hair extensions weekly with these for clients to custom colors and i put them in foil under the dryer for 30 min medium heat then cool down. Use a cold water rinse. Always tell your client to do cool water shampoos at home. Urban Shock can also be retailed to your client.

elumen di goldwell eccezionale!!!!

gkhair has a oil based , no ammonia hair color and by using their color concentrates you can make some amazing colors that last longer with much less fading. with fashion colors I sometimes do a light wave formula treatment over it to really lock it in. (that is their keratin treatment) 

I'm fresh out of school, so I really can't compete with most of the knowledge here. Personally, I love goldwell. We used the demi's and the max red's and they've never failed me. I love the idea of sealing and/or double dipping my reds. I also like experimenting with the kickers in this line, they come out amazing when mixed or processed alone, even a bit over the recommended ratios. Get some mannis and get to gettin! 

thanks for the ideas....I like the idea of sealing. we tried matrix color sync clear...@Lealani, do you mean you used the kickers, or color additions, by themselves? how did you mix/ ratio? use heat? seal? Process time? we have 6 manis that we experiment on, then we display them...the clients love that!

Lealani Morton said:

I'm fresh out of school, so I really can't compete with most of the knowledge here. Personally, I love goldwell. We used the demi's and the max red's and they've never failed me. I love the idea of sealing and/or double dipping my reds. I also like experimenting with the kickers in this line, they come out amazing when mixed or processed alone, even a bit over the recommended ratios. Get some mannis and get to gettin! 

Color kickers are to make permanant colors more vivid. You can process them alone, but they won't last. They aren't a dye formula, just a pigment, so while they may give amazing results, they will wash right out in a few washings. I wouldn't waste my time, I would rather use a semi-permanent color. 

Goldwell had or has a color line called Elumen. Its based on Physics instead of chemistry, and it is definitely non fading, which can pose a draw back depending on the personality of your client. Someone who wants to be lavender for a year, will love it, all you would do is bleach and color when roots are in. It stays really well.

But if they don't want it in for long, its not really that easy to remove from hair.  Unless  you have purchased all the requisite shampoos and removers bleaching won't get it out, it just keeps going lighter and brighter.  You can color over it or deposit but you would have a hard time bleaching it and if the hair is fragile its not worth it.

Hope you find what you need :)

Goldwell Elumen!

I use Urban Shock . I love the vibrancy I get ... Here's how I do it. Pre lighten, depending on what color I want is how much I lift.. For most I go to a pale blonde.. But say my goal is a red or orange,... I leave some gold in when pre lightening. Apply U.S. while hair is still damp, cap and put under dryer 15-20 min. Then cool for an equal amount of time .. Then rinse with cool water.... I also tell my clients the less they shampoo the longer the color lasts. And to use cooler water when rinsing. Hope this helps.

Allie Cantu said:

Cristyn said:

Honestly my favorite color is Special Effects.

I second this. I've used Special Effects for over a decade with great success. There's very little fade and it's exceptionally gentle on the hair because it's vegetable-based and has no developer. The downfalls, for me, are that it's rather expensive ($12 for a 4oz bottle) and there tends to be some color transfer from the hair to... well, anything your hair or hands come in contact with repeatedly over time. When my hair was Atomic Pink, my pillow case, the buttons of my cell phone, my bathtub, and even some of my keys took on a pinkish tint over the course of a year. Also, if you like to change up your vivid colors frequently, this is probably not the line for you because it doesn't bleach out easily.

RSS

Cut Blow-dry Time In Half!

FOLLOW US on Instagram @behindthechair_com! Hashtag #behindthechair and see your pics below!

© 2018   Created by behindthechair.com   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service