Latest Activity: Sep 23, 2014
Started by Tabatha Coffey. Last reply by Kelli Leyba Nov 17, 2013.
Do any of you cut curly hair with a razor? Do tell! Continue
no razors on curly that I have tried, too much fuzz. However I am sure there is someone looking for the concept in any case, so its worth seeing if someone could create good fuz out of a razor cut on curly hair. :)
I point cut curly hair with shears while wet. I also keep in mind that the hair will shrink but you can normally tell how much by the "S" pattern it has when it is freely hanging.
I normally do not use a razor when cutting curly hair. I find that it "frays" the ends too much and the hair ends up losing more shine. I also tend to wash and dry this type of hair first and cut dry. When drying, I use a diffuser on a cool setting.
I am a Ouidad trained stylist, & during my certification & training, we were told that curly hair should NEVER be touched with a razor. Not only that, but if any of the stylists in our salon were to use a razor to cut curly hair, we could lose our certification. I have read that it isn't impossible or a terrible thing to some stylists, but you really have to know what you are doing with that razor in order to not cause any MORE frizziness that curly haired clients are already prone to.
I only cut curly hair with shears, becuase yes razor is not for everyone... However, if you are trying to eliminate weight, I ONLY use a razar. Thinning with thinning shears with create the opposite effect when hair dries.
Sign Upor Sign In
Or sign in with:
* Your late day "pick you up" :) ... via @natashaaruby #thestruggleisreal #btcbelieves in laughs ;)
* Pink isn't a color... it's an attitude ;) ... #btcapproved by @natalie.williams_ #btcpics #pinkhairdontcare
* Prismatic Aurora... get the HOW-TO on behindthechair.com by searching "Prismatic Aurora" ... by Deb Gavin for @keratincomplex #btcpics #btcapproved
* Dream in color... and when you wake up, keep dreaming! @jennyfhair #btcapproved #btcbelieves #btcpics
* MORNING LAUGH-BLAST! ;) Happy Friday behind the chair... #morninglaughblast
© 2015 Created by behindthechair.com
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.